Friday 6 January 2012

Movement with Positive Thinking is Tough!

The 75min yoga practice ended;

"Place your hands to your heart for compassion, patience and love for yourself and others;
Then, to your lips for kind and mindful speech;
And to your forehead for mental clarity"
Namaste.

   Namaste means "the goodness within me reaches out to the goodness within you."  Mental awareness and mindful positive thinking  is not an easy task and it takes great amounts of courage to show ourselves and others acts of love.  As I waited for the train I read an ad that stated, "make it happen!"  I realized my sense of urgency to change.  However, I reminded myself that change is a gradual process that we normally envision to happen quickly.  In my opinion, the process of meaningful change occurs at a pace similar to sedimentation in rocks.  Rocks undergo changes through processes like weathering.

   Imagine that there are drops of water falling onto a rock. Each drop takes focus, concentration, determination and strength for momentum.  However, the rock eventually begins to respond and take shape.  I will to keep up those acts of love.


Workout:
80minutes Easy Running (8miles)
30minutes Weights Circuit
75minutes Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment